Pages

Welcome to my stash...





Monday, May 16, 2011

Writer's Block!!

I used to think that "Writer's Block" was such a funny phrase! How does one get a block from writing I wondered! But now, I have had my first experience with it! It's rather hard to describe since I am not sure why or how this came about! It started a few weeks ago as I was working on my manuscript.
I was finishing up a chapter, about to begin another when I suddenly had no idea what to write. I didn't know what to do with my characters next! It is weird because I have an outline that I follow to keep me on track. I just didn't know what I was going to do with my characters to get them to the next step of the story.
What could be the cause?
As I have thought about this situation and trying to break through, I think I must be going through something that a lot of writers experience. Sheer panic and FEAR!!
I can't help but think about all the things that are "wrong" so far. Then I begin to worry about the pace and if people will get bored while reading.
Why do I make it so hard on myself?! I know the story, I just need to sit down and write it!
So I have made a goal to write- every day- for at least an hour, no matter what! I think this will help break through the fear and frustration I am feeling...
Off to write now. Wish me LUCK!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment